About This Blog
The History of Stuff is created for and by the Upper School History students of the International School of Estonia. We are a Community of Scholars.
A scholar is excited about learning. A scholar finds other scholars have conversations about history, literature, science, math, music and art. A scholar likes to share what she learns. A scholar thinks creatively. A scholar follows the light beyond the opening of the tunnel and runs into the sunlit field.
- PHOTOGRAPHERS OF EAST ASIA. mbfitzmahan.com https://t.co/3zjQPuNiBR 1 month ago
- Ukulele Blues. Fujifilm X-T1, 35mm f/1.4 https://t.co/slLSrrwmOQ 1 month ago
- My closet mbfitzmahan.wordpress.com/2017/06/30/my-… https://t.co/EWOhPRhymO 1 month ago
- The Artless Artist mbfitzmahan.wordpress.com/2017/06/07/the… https://t.co/UfOUOrMGxG 2 months ago
- Hidden Away for 28 Years, Tiananmen Protest Pictures See Light of Day - The New York Times nytimes.com/2017/06/01/wor… 2 months ago
How creative can you be? Are you doing the following:
- Do you see making mistakes as a learning opportunity?
- Are you allowing yourself to: look at unconventional ideas, and are you willing to tackle extremely challenging problems without obvious solutions, despite the high potential for failure.
- Are you passionate about this project? Are you motivated, even driven, to know about objects, events, and people. Do you attempt to learn about new, unknown, or unexplained phenomena.
- Are you enjoying this activity for its own sake and not because it leads to later goals (a grade ) . Does the “flow” of the experience often lead you to lose all sense of time.
- Are you working through the uncomfortable and unfamiliar? Are you able to create something amazing without direction or rules?
What happens immediately leading up to revolution?
- -short period of time
- -hope- things are getting a little better
- -leader does not use force (or not enough) to stop
- -new leader waits for event
Causes of Revolutions
- -political- no/limited political freedom; autocratic government, high crime rate, corruption. Diminishing support of sectors of society and military.
- -social- big gaps between classes. freedom of speech
- -environmental -natural disasters
- -international problems-prestige (good or bad), war