IB QUESTIONS: In depth (Paper 3)
Germany: Weimar – Hitler
- Why was the Weimar Republic so short-lived? (M07)
- Analyse the reasons for the collapse of the Weimar Republic and the establishment of a Nazi dictatorship in the period 1929 to 1934. (N06)
- Analyse the political developments and external relations of either Weimar Germany between 1919 and 1933 or Great Britain between 1918 and 1935.
- “Unwanted and unloved”. How far do agree with this assessment of the Weimar Republic in Germany between 1918 and 1933?
- Assess the strength and weakness of Weimar Germany between 1919-32.
- Analyse the main factors which contributed to Hitler’s rise to power in January 1933.
- Account for the successes of Nazi Germany in Europe between 1938 and 1942.
- Evaluate Hitler’s social, economic and religious policies between 1933 and 1939.
- ‘Hitler’s control and organization of the Nazi State was less effective than is commonly believed.’ To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Compare and Contrast Mussolini and Hitler
- In what ways did Fascism in Italy and Nazism in Germany differ ideologically?
- Compare and contrast the foreign policies of Hitler and Mussolini up to the outbreak of the Second World War.
- Compare and Contrast the foreign policies of Hitler and Mussolini.
- Compare and contrast totalitarian rule in Hitler’s Germany and Mussolini’s Italy up to 1939.
- Compare and contrast the economic problems faced by two European countries between 1919 – and 1939.