2. To what extent was Confucianism responsible for China’s delayed modernization?
a. What is Confucianism?
b. What Chinese institutions were based on Confucianism?
c. What is modernization: economic, political, social?
d Which Confucian precepts were hostile to modernization? Why?
e. Which Confucian institutions would delay or oppose modernization? Why?
f. What evidence is there that despite or because of Confucianism early protoindustrialization developed?
g. What other factors might have been responsible for China’s “backwardness?”
Research found by mbf
Related articles by Zemanta
- Governments (socyberty.com)
- Confucian democracy? (3quarksdaily.com)
- You: Aging through the ages (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Resisting Desire to Control Nature Key to China’s and the United States’ Green Future (treehugger.com)
- Confucius by Meher McArthur | Book review (guardian.co.uk)