Make a 3 Dimensional Map of Russia: include-climate, waterways, precipitation, soil, vegetation.
ASSIGNMENT: Discussion thread on this blog: From your study of Russian geography and your map study, what positive and negative geographic factors would you expect to influence the course of history in Russia? see: BBC. “Roman Rise and Fall ‘Recorded in Trees’” 14 January 2011. DUE: One comment due today (21 January-Friday), 2nd comment due on Tuesday (25 February).
Each response must:
- Acknowledge the previous entry/ies from your classmate/s
- Include evidence to support your point of view
- Take turns writing
- At least 2 entries required for each student. (extra credit for more)
- Write like a young scholar. Be careful of English, write appropriately, use well thought out ideas, have fun.
- Lesson Plan of The Day – Global Studies – Russia (socyberty.com)
- Map of the world rearranged by population (kottke.org)
- Artist Puts Our Stereotypes on the Map (newser.com)
- How to look at a map and know the date it was created? (ask.metafilter.com)