Revolution arose out of late developing autocratic states, states overextended internationally, states with weak governments (low legitimacy), states with economic problems and often led by ideology driven leader/s.
1a. What is revolution?
1. Why does a country experience revolution?
2. What social, economic and political factors lead to revolution?
3. How necessary is an ideology for a successful revolution? (to what extent?) How necessary is a strong leader? an alternative government? a strong military support for the revolutionaries?
3. How would one define success or failure in revolution?
4. Was any other option available to the state rather than revolution to bring about desired change?
5. What are the result/s of revolution?